|The Sonja Haynes Stone Center is closely monitoring the spread of the coronavirus, also known as COVID-19. We will be updating our website regularly with information.
The Stone Center, including the Robert and Sallie Brown Gallery and Museum will be closed. At this time, all spring events are canceled. The Stone Center Library is closed to the public. The University Libraries will continue to provide and will likely increase remote instruction and reference services during this time. Staff will monitor and respond to inquiries via email, https://library.unc.edu/ask/ and https://asklib.hsl.unc.edu/. Hours are still to be determined.
Given the restrictions and changes outlined in the University’s March 11 Formal Notice, we are taking the following steps to better inform our friends, colleagues and supporters how we will be conducting ourselves during the coming weeks:
- All reservations for use of spaces in the Stone Center from March 13 – until further notice are canceled. (see University directive: Organizers must postpone, cancel or explore virtual options for any University-affiliated event)
- If you are a faculty or staff member who would like to use a Stone Center space to conduct a meeting with remote attendees, please contact us at least 4 days in advance.
- When restrictions are lifted we will honor your reservation under our existing and mutually agreed upon terms, however, you will need to notify us of the new date(s) you’d like to reserve. These dates should be for the coming Fall (2020) or Spring (2021) terms.
- Please be certain to notify all of your vendors and/or independent contractors of these cancelations. This includes caterers, technical staff etc. The Stone Center can’t be responsible for notifying vendors or audience of your cancellation so please be certain to manage that task. If we receive calls about cancellations, we most likely will not be able to offer any guidance so we urge you to reach out early, directly and continuously up to the date the canceled program normally would have taken place.
If you have questions, please call the Stone Center office at 919-962-9001. For information regarding:
- Carolina Women’s Center: 919-962-8305
- Stone Center Library: (919) 843-5804
- The Institute of African American Research: (919)962-6810
Click here for more information on UNC-Chapel Hill’s policy